Sunday, September 1, 2013

GiftIdea! 1.0.0

Yesterday, I released a simple app called GiftIdea! to Google Play for Android 4.0+ phones. This is a lot more monumental than it might seem, because the vague goal of "releasing an app" has been on my radar for a while now.

For about five years I've had the goal of getting an app into the App Store. Originally that was for the iPhone, but for one reason or another, I never could actually get something in a final-enough state to call it released. There are always reasons not to do something, as it turns out.

I think the real problem is in viewing things as "finished." This release of GiftIdea! surely isn't everything an app could be; but it is a nice simple way to keep track of gift ideas for people, which is exactly what I was after. And while I tested it on a handful of phones, there are surely quirks that we can work out together over time.

I can't say thanks enough to +Ginger DePriest for early feedback and running through the feature set on several phones.

GiftIdea! 1.0.0 Icon


No comments:

Post a Comment