Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthdays in Bangalore

We touched on birthdays briefly with Prateek's celebration last month. Having a large group means you get the opportunity to celebrate several birthdays. While the kicking tradition was covered, there was something missing from that occasion that has since also become a tradition.

Caking

My flatmate turned 11 a few weeks ago, or so he claims. He was the first person I've seen caked, and the first at TWU XVIII.

IMG_1293

Next it was Yang Kai's turn. The caking was restricted this time, but he made a special request.

Yang Kai Turns 25

Kaushik is legendary for his Control+S motioning in Dumb Charades. When he turned 21 last week, he was quite possibly caked more than anyone.

Kaushik Turns 21

With at least a few more celebrations to go, I've never enjoyed having an April birthday more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to warn you in advance that Richard's birthday is next week, on the 24th. As his close TWU friend in India, I do hope you'll take care of him after those 22 kicks :D. I'm expecting all of you back in Chicago the next day, safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete