Sunday, February 5, 2012

English to English Translations

Back when I was in Little Rock, there were a few mixups with the local language that I just didn't know how to process. Asking the questions landed us all on the same page. It's from this that I've created a table of English-to-English translations.

PhraseMeaning
y'ort'a you ought to
y'all you or you all

Our current San Francisco team includes an Australian and an Englishman. The phrases they've brought to light for me in two weeks are top notch.

A rather incomplete list of things that mean this is bad

  • This is a bit how's your father
  • This is a bit pants
  • This is a bit ass about face

Proposal

Finally, I'm throwing my own entry in the ring: cabbage. For my money, there's nothing more subtle in its badness than cabbage.

This is [a bit] cabbage.

1 comment: